Andy Goldsworthy


 Andy Golsworthy is an English artist who focuses on sculpture and photography. Usually, his works are done in nature and are really ephemeral. Then, he takes picture of said work and that way, he turns a moment into something eternal. 

In the video, Andy says that there are two different ways of looking at the world. He says that we can either walk or to walk through the hedge. Related to this, he claims that the beauty of art is that it is stepping aside the normal way of walking and looking. 

I completely agree with Goldsworthy's point of view regarding art. For me art is not something that you do by following the rules and being conventional, but it is letting ourselves go and feeling what we are doing. Connecting with what we are doing. Maybe that is the problem with me and art, maybe that is why I do not believe I'm capable to create an art work, maybe it is because I don't let myself go and I do not step aside of this normal way of looking. 

Comments

Popular Posts